- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
Holiday Gift Program
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Every year, REACH provides gifts to approximately 225 families who are involved in our programs. We are able to do this through the generosity and support of many individuals, companies and civic groups.
Our holiday program has two parts:
- A holiday gift drive - We invite the adults who work with REACH to submit holiday “wish lists” for themselves and each of their children. We ask each family member to suggest four wishes in the $25 range. The wish lists are passed on to donors, who fulfill the wishes and deliver this gifts to us for distribution in mid December.
- A holiday party and dinner - We invite the families who work with REACH to join us for a holiday party, with children’s activities and a festive dinner. The party is also a chance for us to distribute the gifts collected in response to the families’ wish lists. (We pass on the gifts discreetly, so parents can wrap and present them to their children at their own holiday celebrations.)
Would you like to help? There are several ways to join the team and help bring joy to many families this holiday season.
- Sponsor a family and fulfill their gift wishes. Most of the parents who work with REACH depend on our holiday program to help them provide their children with just a few gifts for the holidays. Their wish lists often include basic necessities, like hats and mittens, underwear, or blankets. It really makes a difference in the children's lives for them to get something they may call their own. For the parents, it certainly feels good to receive a gift for themselves, since most go without to provide the basics for their children. We can provide donors with additional guidelines around gift fulfillment.
- Help with the holiday dinner. We are looking for donations of time or money to help provide the fixings for our holiday meal. Volunteers assist with making baked goods or side dishes or contribute items such as paper products and beverages to the dinner.
- Make a general donation to REACH. Donations are welcomed to support the work that is done with families throughout the year.
If you can help in any of these ways, please contact Deborah Heimel at 781-891-0724 x108 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting REACH this holiday season!